Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday Fourth Week of Lent

John 5:17-30

The work we do to build the kingdom on earth is an important mission.  Bringing others to Christ by our words and actions is the mission of the christian.  Jesus talks about the work he has to accomplish in the gospel and all the work finds its origin in the Father who sent the Son, who sends the Spirit, that is alive and working in you and me.  We can listen to the spirit or ignore it for our own selfish reasons.  "I'm not smart enough" "I'm not good enough" I'm not . . ." all true because without being open to the help of the spirit of God we can't do anything of His will.

Pope Francis was asked about those who are not in favor of his work with the direction of the church and His response is one to remember; "They do their work and I do mine."  

Striving to work for peace, and understanding, the message of the forgiving victim, for those in the world that are oppressed and marginalized requires seeing with the eye of God, hearing with His ear, working with His body, and you don't have to travel far to do it.

Recently, I was asked to explain two predominant cultural theories on truth and afterward the man said "yeah, I guess I can find a soup kitchen to work in." I told him to find the manger, seek Christ in your home, your school, your town and care for Him there.  

Our work is right where we are and we have much work to do before we die!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment