Monday, February 27, 2017

Reflection 2/27/2017


"Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"This question sounds through the ages.  Still, we struggle to respond "You are lacking in one thing.  Go, sell what you have, and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." What do I have? Who are the poor? What is the treasure?  We are preparing for a season of sacrifice and suffering and a good way to start is to reflect on the gospel today.  When we sacrifice, (ie fast) when we are hungry, it is a time to think of those in the world that have no food. We experience their physical pain, we experience their emotional state "Where will my food come from?"  When we pray; we remember those that have lost their way in this troubled world, and we remember our own weaknesses and shortcomings, "What can I do?"  When we give; give with a pure heart, not expecting any return.  (From God or man)This Lent; make it a goal to see with the eyes of Christ; non dual thinking and all inclusive.  It is rarely black and white in Gods' eyes.  Lord, help me see you in others and may they always see You in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment