Friday, April 08, 2016

Jesus is Not Your Valet


I am the Bread of Life!

There is a real danger in miracles that stand-alone.  God may become a sort of valet to a self centered, self-made person that is able to use God to achieve a goal.  By that I mean if a person is only focused on the achievement or the outcome there is no real sense of Awe in the majesty and Love that God has for us.

In today’s gospel there are hungry people that have come to see Jesus and there is no McDonalds around to get food for the ride home.  Jesus takes a small amount of food and then we hear that there were 12 baskets left over, a universal number, that means there is enough of Him to feed the whole world.

We need to be aware of our prayer life.  We need to be aware of the times when things are going so swimmingly that we might forget how and why we have gotten to the place that we are at in life.

When times are tough we may run to church or plead with Jesus for a miracle, and that’s not a bad thing if we recognize that Jesus is with us in all moments in our life and deserves our praise at all times.

Take the worst moment in your life and see Jesus standing there with you, not as a bellboy, but as a friend and shepherd that will guide you through it and bring you out in a better place.

I am the Bread of Life means just that, He will sustain us on our journey.  I have found that when I am doing the best in my life it usually means the devil is right around the corner testing my love for God.

The most important thing I can tell you is this; in all moments give glory to the One that gave us life and will give us life forever!

Jesus, take my soul, my life and fashion it that there may be enough for the whole world.

Panis Angelicus 


No comments:

Post a Comment