Thursday, March 31, 2016

Peace I Leave You

Peace Be With You



Today's Gospel talks about the disciples recognizing Jesus in the breaking of the bread.  The disciples are still confused and troubled about the recent occurrences, but Jesus says something that is very familiar to them to help ease their minds.

            “Peace Be With You”

Jesus knows their hearts and minds are unsettled and when he asked them, why they are troubled, he goes right to the reason without delay.

“Look at my hands and my feet . . .” Jesus eats a piece of fish in front of them just to be sure they understood this was no trick

When we come before Christ in the Blessed Sacrament,  Jesus recites these same words, and so do we at Mass.

            “Peace I leave you My Peace I give you.”

That’s no ordinary Peace, this Peace is found in the breaking of the bread. The Blessed Sacrament holds within it all the food our soul needs for the journey of life.

Spend time in front of the Blessed Sacrament that you may come to know Peace and all the treasures unlocked by our communion with Jesus.


He never leaves us.  Jesus will never abandon us. We have His word  

No comments:

Post a Comment